RE: Messages awaiting directory lookup???

  • From: "Mark Fugatt" <markfu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 15:55:44 -0000

Bill

Do you have the Kaspersky Engine running on AntiGen, if you do you may want to
read below:

We would like to inform all Antigen users that we have received reports of
problems with a Kaspersky Engine Update released this morning.

The issue reported results in some or all of the following symptoms:

-          slow or stagnant mail flow

-          a slow or unresponsive Sybari /Antigen client

-          time-out errors

We have posted a new Kaspersky engine (Update: 2006021611) and we would like
each customer to attempt to update the engine through the Sybari /Antigen
client under Scanner Updates.

If the client is unresponsive, please manually stop the Antigen / IIS /
Exchange Services which may take a few moments. Open the Sybari /Antigen client
and then disable Kaspersky.  This can be done via the Sybari /Antigen client,
SET UP -> ANTIVIRUS JOB. Highlight each scan job up top one at a time and
uncheck Kaspersky.

Once this is done, re-start the Antigen service and via the Sybari /Antigen
client, under Scanner Updates, use the "update now" button for the Kaspersky
engine.

Once the new update version is in place, you can re-enable the Kaspersky engine.

If you are unable to utilize the update process in the Antigen Product, you can
manually update the engine using the following steps:

·         Download the latest Kaspersky_engine.exe from the Antigen Update
Website: http://www.sybari.com/scan_engine_updates/intel/kaspersky/
<http://www.sybari.com/scan_engine_updates/intel/kaspersky/>

·         Navigate to the Engine Folder for the particular product (ex.
C:\program files\sybari software\antigen for exchange )

·         In the Kaspersky Engine Folder: if the following folder exists
(KasperskyEngineNew) the following can be done to update to the latest engine.

§  Stop the Antigen / IIS / Exchange Services (Make sure that in the Task
Manager all Antigen Processes are no longer listed).

§  Rename KasperskyEngine  folder to KasperskyEngine_bak

§  Create a new KasperskyEngine Folder , extract the Kaspersky_Engine.exe file
into the KasperskyEngine Folder.

§  Make sure that if KasperskyEngineNew exists to delete it.

§  Restart Antigen / IIS / Exchange Services.

We apologize about any inconveniences this may have caused and we will provide
you any further details as they become available.

Mark Fugatt
Microsoft Limited
Desk:   +44 (0)118 909 5630
Mobile: +44 (0)7966 858108
MSN IM: markfu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Blog: http://blogs.technet.com/mfugatt

If you have any feedback about my work, please let either myself or my manager
Andy Gitsham know at andygi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:andygi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=Feedback%20on%20Mark%20Fugatt%20(Exchange%20DSE)>
  or telephone +44 118 909 3233