RE: MSG's taking 20 to 60 min before they send

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 15:55:55 -0700

> I was wonder if someone could help me out. I have some messages from my
> Exchange 2000(sp3)(on Win2000(sp3)) when sending are talking anywhere
> from 20min to 1hr before I am reciving a delivery notice.  Is there
> anyway to speed this up? I am also using BIND on linux 9.0 as my DNS. I
> have 1 routing grp that is used to veryify evrey MSG is coming from an
> authorized domain user.

Can we assume that you are using E2K in AD domain?

If so, what version of BIND? AD requires SRV records and this may be causing
some issues, but I am not sure.

Are these messages to internal mail boxes, or external to Exchange?

What about receiving?

John Tolmachoff MCSE CSSA
Engineer/Consultant
eServices For You