Internet mail woes

  • From: Scott Overfield <soverfield@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Exchange List (exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 17:15:29 -0400

Good Afternoon,
This is an ongoing problem that I have had no luck at all in finding a
solution to.....it started out as a problem sending email to one specific
domain, email would hang in the IMC queue for 24 hrs and return
undeliverable to the sender, host unreachable....I was very busy at the
time, so, I relayed all mail destined for that domain through my ISP's mail
server, the problem went away, I forgot about it, etc. Now a different
domain can not send mail to my domain, I get event id 4051 from
MSExchangeIMC "A timeout occurred while trying to receive mail from
`mailserver.domain`and while waiting for the  message body."  Also, if I
look over the firewall logs, I see several 300 second connections from their
mail server to mine....is this an Exchange Server IMC issue? Any idea how I
can fix this? Any help appreciated....

Scott Overfield
Network Administrator
Gratiot County Community Mental Health