HELP: NDR's take a long time to open.

  • From: "Wakelin, Frank" <fwakelin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 13:42:52 -0800

A few users have complained to me that when they send a message with a large
attachment they get non-delivery reports due to message size limits set on our
system or the receiving mail system.  When they try to open these NDR's they
take a long time to load and freeze Outlook in the process.  If the message
happens to be first in their inbox (and they have auto-preview on) this will
appear to hang Outlook when they open the message.  The NDR message(s) do
eventually open, but it takes quite some time to do so.

Any idea why it take so long?  If they open the message they sent (which is the
same size) it opens almost instantly, so its not just a matter of data
transfer.  Thoughts?
___

Frank