RE: Exchange Dept. Mailboxes vs. Public Folder s

  • From: "Neil Hobson" <neil.hobson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 15:11:25 -0000

Yes, you can do that.  I subscribe to most mailing lists with public
folders, and typically, to complete the registration process, I have to
'send as' the public folder.

One thing to note is that public folders don't support free/busy
information, so as long as you don't need to invite these addresses to
meetings....   :)

________________________________

From: Chris Wall [mailto:Chris.Wall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Posted At: 21 February 2005 14:47
Posted To: Exchange Org Mailing List (30 days)
Conversation: [exchangelist] RE: Exchange Dept. Mailboxes vs. Public
Folder s
Subject: [exchangelist] RE: Exchange Dept. Mailboxes vs. Public Folder s

http://www.MSExchange.org/

Can users with permissions to the PF reply to e-mails with the PF e-mail
address by typing the address in the 'From' field of their e-mails?
This is simple enough for me to test, but just curious.

Also, can PF's with SMTP addresses be assigned rules such as 'Auto
Reply' to all mails that arrive to that address?

Thanks for your input.

Chris Wall

Sr. Exchange Administrator

MCSE, MCSA