Exchange Database grows every night

  • From: "John Balos" <jabalos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 08:45:16 -0800

Over the past week, I'm using backup exec 8.5 and noticed that the
information store it's backing up has grown between 50 MB to 100 MB
every night. I understand that the database is going to get larger and
it's natural. It just seems like it's growing too fast in size. Maybe
it's not. My question is, how can I keep a strong grip on this database
and keeping it maintained? Are there any specific policies I can put in
place in the system manager to help control the size?

Thanks,
John