Synching directory...

  • From: Chris Wall <Chris.Wall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Exchange Group on Yahoo (MS_Exchange@xxxxxxxxxxx)" <MS_Exchange@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "ExchangeList (exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 11:43:45 -0500

Hello all,
   Hope you had a wonderful weekend.  Unfortunately I was inside rebuilding
our Bridgehead server this weekend because of severe hardware failure.
Here is the situation:
  I have recently been put in place as the Exchange Admin.  Long story
short, I had to restore our bridgehead from scratch onto a new server.  I
finally have everything running correctly (all inbound and outbound mail -
all mail Filters, etc...) however I have just realized that the dir.edb that
was used during recovery was about 5 months old.   The most current one is
not available.  (this is due to a stupid error that was occurring during
  My question is...  Can I simply copy the dir.edb from another exchange
server in the same site (that is showing the correct directory information
in MS Exchange Administrator) to the dsadata folder on the bridgehead?  I am
hoping that this will update the bridgehead with the correct directory
structure.  If you have any information, please let me know.
   Also, just out of curiosity, why would the dir.edb on the bridgehead not
synchronize with the other servers and make the changes automatically or
vice versa?
Chris Wall