[ExchangeList] Exchange 2007 is not updating GAL of Office 2003 or 2007 Users

  • From: Mitchel Lewis - Seattle <MLewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 15:06:41 -0800

With me being the only exception, everyone else is unable to see a current version of our global address book.

I made a new forward lookup zone in my DNS settings so that when Exchange searches for Autodiscover.<mydomain> it goes directly back to the mail server and that portion works. But I am still the only user that has an up-to-date GAL (Global Address List) everyone else is months behind. This should have fixed our office 2007 users as they don’t access or *shouldn’t* access the GAL the same as office 2003 users.

What am I missing here and why I am the only one that’s able to see this? Should I start dissecting my permissions?

Any suggestions would be appreciated as this is annoying me and I have people calling me and asking me if they’re getting canned soon because they can’t be seen in the GAL (stupid, I KNOW, but it’s still something I have to deal with)

Happy Holidays,

Mitchel Lewis

Sys Admin