RE: Exchange 2003 with PIX 515

  • From: "Andrew English" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 18:19:15 -0500

I think you need to have another Exchange server so you can do what you
want to do. FE and BE. The FE sits on your DMZ while the BE sits on your
internal network. Otherwise you need to move your single exchange box to
the internet network and setup SMTP publishing rules on your PIX for it.
OWA is a different story since it doesn't use port 25, and uses port 80
though I think most will agree that you use OWA with SSL instead.

Andrew