[ExchangeList] Re: Exchange 2003 Recovery

  • From: "Shorabh Upadhyay" <shorabh.upadhyay@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 11:58:54 +0530

Hi Billy,

As your new Exchange Server is now up

Now create storage groups and mailbox store with the same name as they were in your crashed server.

After created the mailbox store mount it with blank database, so that new .EDB and .STM files will be created.

Now dismount the mailbox store and remove the newly created .EDB and .STM file from database location and now put your backup .EDB and .STM file here. But make sure that file name should be same.

Now you can mount your mailbox store with your old database.

Let me know for failure and success J

On 6/13/07, Billy L. Irwin <irwin.billy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
http://www.msexchange.org
-------------------------------------------------------Hi,

I just received a server that I am trying to recover. The serve completely
crashed and we lost active directory completely. I now have installed the OS
and Exchange 2003 from scratch and created the same domain and computer name
that it had. The only backups I have are the databases. EDB and STM with log
files. Can some one give me step-by-step instructions on getting them back
on the new machine and getting the IS to mount?

Thanks,

Billy

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
06:39

Thanks and Regards,

Shorabh S. Upadhyay
MicroSoft- Servers Administrator
(Ship Is Always Safe at SeaShore But it is not made for this....)