[ExchangeList] Exchange 2003 Forest Prep Issue

  • From: John B <brookboyz1403@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ExchangeSparklist <exchange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "MSExchange.org" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 08:59:28 -0700 (PDT)

http://www.msexchange.org
-------------------------------------------------------All,

Here is the scenario...

I'm trying to install a test lab for Exchange 2003.
We have one server for this lab to use for testing.
So I've installed W2K3 on the server, installed AD and
DNS.

Now, when I try to install forestprep I get an error
of 0x1037ae6.  I've done numerous searches on the web
but i'm not finding exactly what's causing my issue.
I've done the modification below so far.

Set the Schema Update Allowed value to 1 to allow
write access to the schema.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\NTDS\Parameters\Schema
Update Allowed

My user account has suffucient access of: Domain
Admins, Enterprise Admins, Schema Admin.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,

John B.

MSExchange Articles and Tutorials: