[ExchangeList] Re: Exchange 2003 Forest Prep Issue

  • From: "Brian Pituley" <bpituley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 09:28:42 -0700

http://www.msexchange.org
-------------------------------------------------------Nuke it and start over.
It'll save time in the long run.

Brian Pituley
Director of Information Technology
T: 408-441-3611
F: 408-441-8405
E: bpituley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

-----Original Message-----
From: exchangelist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:exchangelist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of John B
Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2006 8:59 AM
To: ExchangeSparklist; MSExchange.org
Subject: [ExchangeList] Exchange 2003 Forest Prep Issue

http://www.msexchange.org
-------------------------------------------------------All,

Here is the scenario...

I'm trying to install a test lab for Exchange 2003.
We have one server for this lab to use for testing.
So I've installed W2K3 on the server, installed AD and DNS.

Now, when I try to install forestprep I get an error of 0x1037ae6.  I've
done numerous searches on the web but i'm not finding exactly what's
causing my issue.
I've done the modification below so far.

Set the Schema Update Allowed value to 1 to allow write access to the
schema.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\NTDS\Parameters\Sch
ema
Update Allowed

My user account has suffucient access of: Domain Admins, Enterprise
Admins, Schema Admin.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,

John B.

MSExchange Articles and Tutorials:

The information in this communication and any attachments is confidential and
may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, any use,
review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this information is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this communication in error please notify us
immediately and delete the original message and any copies of it.

Any opinions, conclusions or other information in this message that do not
relate to the official business of the company are neither given nor endorsed
by the company.