RE: Exchange 2000 Question

  • From: Chris Wall <Chris.Wall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 09:43:02 -0400

Thanks Dolly.  This resolved his issue.

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Dolly Bareqet [mailto:dolly@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, July 30, 2003 11:59 AM
To: [ExchangeList]
Subject: [exchangelist] RE: Exchange 2000 Question

http://www.MSExchange.org/

Hi,

First, I would kike to suggest your friend to read about Exchange server
at: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/prodt
echnol/exchange/Default.asp

Shortly to your question:

1. In order to reduce the sizes of the log files in Exchange you must run an
online backup. 2. There is an online defragmentation in Exchange 2000 by
default. 3. You can change the location of the log files and the database
files.

Dolly Bareqet
System Administrator
Tel: 972-3-6449333 Ext.240