Re: Error 1008

  • From: PKarumbaiah@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 20:07:56 +0530

Reboot all servers that have the link monitors running against the Exchange
Server computer. After the servers have been rebooted, the errors should
stop appearing in the Event Viewer.

                    "Devon Harding
                    - GTHLA"             To:     "[ExchangeList]"
                    <DHarding@gila       cc:
          >             Subject:     [exchangelist] Error 1008
                    09:05 PM
                    Please respond

I can't seem to get rid of the event error on my Exchange 2000 cluster.
It happens every 5 secs.

Event Type:          Error
Event Source:        Perflib
Event Category:           None
Event ID:       1008
Date:                     12/1/2003
Time:                     10:25:49 AM
User:                     N/A
Computer:       GTHLAMX2
The Open Procedure for service "ESE" in DLL "C:\Program
Files\Exchsrvr\bin\eseperf.dll" failed. Performance data for this
service will not be available. The Status code returned is the first
DWORD in the attached data.
0000:  02 00 00 00               ....

I've followed the instructions here, but it doesn't seem to work:;en-us;307613&Product=e

Devon Harding
System Administrator
Gilat Latin America

This e-mail is intended for the above named addressee(s), and may
contain information which is confidential or privileged. If you are not
the intended recipient, please inform us immediately: you should not
copy or use this e-mail for any purpose nor disclose its contents to any

List Archives:
No.1 ISA Server Resource Site:
Windows Security Resource Site:
Network Security Library: