[ExchangeList] Default Mobile Settings...

  • From: "Chris Wall" <Chris.Wall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 13:17:51 -0400

Okay all - I want to control who can and can not establish ActiveSync
connections with Exchange 2003.

In AD, when creating new user accounts, the 'User Initiated
Synchronization' is set to 'Enabled'.  I would like to have this set to
'DISABLED' instead for all current and newly created accounts.

I know that I can disable this feature after creating the account
through 'Exchange Tasks', but I want it to default to Disabled.

Without having to use Group Policy or relying on Admins to copy a
template user account, is there a way to modify AD to default the 'User
Initiated Synchronization' and 'Up-To-Date Notifications' to DISABLED?

FYI - This is so I can have granular control over what users are able to
use the ActiveSync features of Exchange 2003.

Thanks for ANY help on this!

Chris