RE: Configuring two domains.

  • From: Deshwal Chand <chand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 18:44:17 +0530

Hi,

It is really possible to work with more than one domain with one exchange
server. If I am able to understand ur requirement, then:

*       Get the desired domain registered.
*       In your HO DNS create the MX entry for the exchange (Mailing)
server. Here, u will specify the IP address of ur existing mail server,
which is responsible for ur earlier domain.
*       Create the deisred mailboxes for ur new division with the e-mail
addresses abc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:abc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
*       U don't have to make any changes to Exchange server at all. (Even to
the Internet Mail Service)
This way, ur e-mails will be deilvered to the HO mailserver, which u can
receive to ur local division.

 I have done it for me. Infact, I have created two e-mail ID's for some of
my mailboxes like abc@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:abc@xxxxxxxxxxx>  and
abc@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:abc@xxxxxxxxxxx>  and I am able to send/receive
mails.

How to transfer the mails from the HO server to branch server? There are
quite few ways to do so. Use VPN?

Hope this assits!

Regards,
Chand Deshwal (M.Tech CS&E,  MCSE, CCNA)
Network Administrator
Kampsax India Ltd., Gurgaon
ph: +91 124 6348259-62, Extn. 712
chand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:chand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>