Re: Clearing up the QUEUE in exchange server

  • From: "Cog Test2" <cogtest2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 05:05:13 +0000

Hi Selvan,

For this first disable relaying and also for some time stop the default virtual smtp server. Also right click on Current Sessions and say Terminate All. Also try and delete all the queue by doing right click and then say delete.

Hope that this works for you as it worked for me as I had also faced the same kind of problem and i was able to do it.

If you want to open relay then open it for a specific IP only.

Regards
Gautam Kakkar
Email :- cogtest2@xxxxxxxxxxx

>From: "Kalai Selvan"

>To: "[ExchangeList]"
>Subject: [exchangelist] Clearing up the QUEUE in exchange server
>Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 21:52:36 -0700
>
>http://www.MSExchange.org/
>
>Hi,
>I had enabled relaying 2 days back and since our exchange server has a
>valid IP every tom,dick and harry in the world has started using our
>exchange server to send out their mails.As a result there is a huge pile
>up of mails in the queue.The server has become extremely slow.Is there any
>way I can manually delete all the messages in the queue.I have already
>tried deleting all the messages by right clicking on the queue and using
>the delete option,but nothing much seems to have happened.As of now I have
>disabled relaying...Any help in this regard would be highly appreciated...
>
>Selvan

Cricket World Cup 2003 News, Views and Match Reports.