Re: CA not replicating and no errors?!

  • From: Lomker Michael <mlomker@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 17:11:42 -0500

These users exist in a different OU in my win2k domain
I have created a one way recipient CA from this new OU to exchange 5.5 but
the users don't appear and I get no errors when I force replication?

Those users should get replicated to 5.5 through your existing ADC, assuming that you had the root of the ADC at a high enough level in the A.D. tree.

If you need to configure a new connection agreement then keep in mind that you actually need two: one from SRS to your A.D. OU and another from SRS to Exchange 5.5. I spent a couple days and a lot of lost sleep to figure that out.

If your original connection agreements specified the top of the AD tree and the top of the Exchange Organization then it should work as it is. It turns out that Microsoft recommends that configuration but I didn't read about it until after I used some lower-level OU's in both directories. I'm not going to bother changing it now....it was a b*tch to get it working the first time.