RE: Brancn Office

  • From: "Kern, Tom" <tkern@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 14:32:33 -0400

It sounds like you need one admin group and 1 routing group.

Admin groups are used for giving rights to mail admins in a large decentralized
enviorment. Kinda like ou's in AD.
A mail admin can have rights to install or configure or set up policies in a
exchange server in admin group A but no rights to admin group B.

routing groups are used to group exchange servers that have good connectivity
between them. This will depend on your wan links and overloaded routers.
Routing groups are like exchange 5.5 sites

In general its good to limit your routing and admin groups if you can.