Brancn Office

  • From: "Stephen Goertzen" <sgoertzen@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 12:13:19 -0600

I am a new Exchange administrator (know virtually nothing about it), and
am in need of advice.  We have a branch office on our corporate WAN, and
they need an exchange server (this has already been decided) at their site
(so they don't come back to the main office through the WAN all the time
for email).  I have been doing some research, but am a little confused at
the differences between routing groups and administrative groups.  I will
be administering Exchange at both sites, both sites use the same suffix
for email, and both sites have domain controllers.
Should this new system be in a different administrative group and a
different routing group, or the same administrative group and a different
routing group and why?  Thanks for any help!

Stephen L. Goertzen
Senior Software Developer