RE: Backing up exchange

  • From: "Kenny Mann" <Kennymann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 20:14:15 -0500

I use the MS method backup utility.
You must have the server with Exchange, run it's own backup.
It could archive to itself or archive to your backup machine (or any
machine for that matter...)
That should solve the issue of where the backup file sits and where
space is located.

Mark is correct is stating that the above ( and below)
[http://www.msexchange.org]
Is where you need to read to gather your information. It has a method of
using ntbackup to backup your exchange server. A good read.

--Kenny Mann