Auto Accept Meeting in Exchange 2000 w/ Outlook 2002 clients

  • From: "Joel Foudy" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 11:44:56 -0400

We are currently just starting an Exchange 2000 server in our company.
We have been testing with an Exchange 5.5 server for a while, but we
just recently got a Windows 2000 Server w/ AD running in production and
thought it would be nice to have Exchange 2000 from the start.  We are
planning on using Outlook 2002 clients, but we may be able to make a
switch to a previous release if the solution will only work on say
Outlook 97, or 2000.  The biggest concern we are having is that when we
send out a meeting request to a person, we'd like that person to accept
it automatically.  This is the closest we have got a working solution:
Setting the "Automatically Accept Meeting and Process Cancellations"
within the calander options makes it so that if we send a meeting
request to a person then that meeting will be accepted.  The only
problem is that meeting request is sent to the deleted items.  We really
need it to stay in the inbox so that the person is aware they have a
meeting.  PLEASE, if anyone out there has a workable solution or has a
fix for this please let me know.  Thanks in advance for you're help!

Joel Foudy
Programmer