RE: Arcserve backup - clear up this confusion

  • From: "Arnold, Mark" <marnold@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 14:28:15 +0100

This is normal when you're doing your first pass and backing up "the box".
You should either ignore those errors or exclude them from the backup.
Depending on how you've optimised the Exchange you could exclude the entire
folder. Only do this if the log files, which also sit in an MDBDATA
directory, are in a different directory than the directory that the pub and
priv files sit in.