Appointments Drop Off Calendar in Outlook 2000

  • From: joed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 16:14:38 -0700

We have an in house mail server running Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise
Edition.  Our client PCs run Outlook 2000.  Some users have mentioned that
appointments that they accept from other people are being deleted off
their Outlook calendar.  Basically I have setup a conference room as a
Windows account and have it to automaticllay accept meetings or notify of
conflicts.  The user would select it as a resource and then invite
additional people.  I have given another user Editor rights.  The Editor
also receives the meeting requests and accepts the meetings for the users
- thus it would post on the Outlook calendar.

The last time someone mentioned a meeting was dropped I recieved event ID
#s 8230 & 8206 with EXCDO as the source.  Microsoft recommends not to scan
the M drive but I don't have one in Exchange 2003.  I also have the
MSExchangeFBPublish key and its subkeys in the registry.

We are using Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition and I have made the
appropriate exclusions on the mail server for file scanning as per
Symantec documents.  We also use Symantec Mail Security 4.6 for Exchange.

The users who had this problem have Blackberry PDAs which are tied to a
Blackberry Enterprise Server for emails.

Wouild greatly appreciate any help to try to resolve this appointment
dropping in Outlook.