RE: Appointments Drop Off Calendar in Outlook 2000

  • From: "Romero, Nicolas" <nromero@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 18:55:24 -0500

M: is not enabled by default in Ex2K3, thankfully.

I have had users with Ol2K3 and Ol2K lose calendar items.  The reasons
that I have found for this are:
.  BlackBerry:  I haven't pinned this down, but it happens most often
with people having complicated configurations, including BlackBerrys.
In Ol2K3, I found one user's missing appointments in Ol2K3's "Sync
Issues \ Conflicts" folder.  This user runs Ol2K3 cache mode.  I'm
guessing that BB made some change to the appointment causing a conflict.
When items are moved to the "Conflicts" folder, they are removed from
the "Calendar" folder.  I have heard that it is not recommended to run
cache mode while using BB.

.  Delegates:  If the delegate is configured to receive meeting requests
for the primary mailbox, and deletes the meeting requests from his/her
"Inbox" without accepting/declining it the item is deleted from the
primary mailbox's "Calendar".

.  Finally, one cause was somebody accidentally moving or deleting the
items.