RE: [ActiveDir] Microsoft iSCSI- iSNS Server 3.0 and iSCSI Initiator for Microsoft Clusters

  • From: "Medeiros, Jose" <jmedeiros@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ActiveDir@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 15:22:59 -0700

Greetings,

Just thought I would share what I discovered. I ended up using StringBeans
Software to create an iSCSI target along with iSNS server 3.0 and the Microsoft
iSCSI initiator 1.06. I now can mount a volume on our HP NAS box.

I am sure if I used a Hardware based product from FalconStore, Stonefly,
Equalogic or Intransa it would have saved me some time in understanding the
configuration, however this is only being used for a proof of concept test.

Thanks again to everyone comments.

Sincerely,

Jose Medeiros
Former Vice President and Postmaster NTEA
MCP+I, MCSE, NT4 MCT
www.ntea.net
www.tvnug.org
www.sfntug.org