[etni] thanks for the "frivolous lawsuits"

  • From: Judi Granit <judiavi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ETNI <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 23:52:43 +0200

Maxine,
Just wanted to thank you for the "frivolous lawsuits".  Having just read a
newspaper article in class about the Macdonald's "fat" trial in which frivolous
was one of the vocab items it was great timing.  My students had a fun lesson
with them - I didn't get them to make one up - but split them into small
groups, each group received one of the lawsuits and had to elaborate on them a
little and then present them to the rest of the class.  Worked really well and
the students even told me they enjoyed the lesson (!)

By the way for homework they had to use the internet to go find out why the
awards were called the Stella awards as I didn't reveal that to them...I just
gave them the clue to use the words "macdonalds, coffee, lawsuit" in a web
search. It will be interesting to see what they come up with.

Thanks,
Judi Granit

Subject: Frivolous Lawsuits

  Subject:    FW: Subject: Frivolous Lawsuits

  The Stellas are named after 81 year-old Stella
  Liebeck who spilled coffee on herself and
  successfully ......