[etni] tesol -online forum

  • From: "susan" <holzms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 18:27:20 +0200

**** If I had the chance to do it all over again. - www.etni.org ****

To all on ETNI,
I recently received this from TESOL. I am sure that there are English teachers
here in Israel who would like to particiapte..

Enjoy!

Please respond directly to John Donaldson, Director of Education Programs at
jdonaldson@xxxxxxxxx

***********************

Dear Affiliate Leaders:

I would like to let you know about a special two-week online discussion
opportunity, June 15-30, 2005, focused on English language teaching in
resource-challenged contexts. This important topic, relevant to many ESL and
EFL environments around the globe, is the theme chosen by TESOL's affiliate in
Senegal, the Association of Teachers of English in Senegal (ATES), for a TESOL
symposium taking place December 16-17, 2005, in Dakar, Senegal.

Affiliate leaders are especially encouraged to share their insights and ideas
on the topic. If you are interested in joining the online discussion, please
contact TESOL at mailto:jdonaldson@xxxxxxxxx or +1-703-518-2528. Also, please
consider sharing this information with colleagues in your network who would be
interested in taking part in the online discussion. They don't have to be a
member of TESOL to join the discussion.

Instructions on how to join the online discussion will be sent to TESOL members
(and others who have expressed interest in joining the discussion) on June 14.
Here are some sample discussion questions, developed by TESOL's Professional
Development Committee, which will help guide the online discussion:

* What is the context of the ESL or EFL environment where you teach, concerning
teacher-to-student ratios, requirements of the education system,
cultural-linguistic factors, etc.?

* What are the most important challenges to improving English language teaching
and learning in your school, city, country and/or region?

* What innovations, strategies, practical tips, case studies, best practices,
or success stories can you share related to ELT in resource-challenged contexts?

* What resources have you found to be the most reliable? How do you use them?

To learn more about TESOL's 2005 symposia in Turkey (on dual language
education) and Senegal (on ELT in resource-challenged contexts), visit TESOL's
Web site:

<http://www.tesol.org/s_tesol/seccss.asp?CID=250&DID=1722>

Thank you. I hope that you and some of your colleagues will be able to join the
online discussion in June.

Sincerely,

John Donaldson

TESOL

John Donaldson

Director of Education Programs

Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages, Inc. (TESOL)

700 S. Washington St., Suite 200

Alexandria, VA 22314 USA

Tel. 703-518-2528

Fax 703-836-7864

E-mail jdonaldson@xxxxxxxxx

Learn more about professional development opportunities through TESOL:

Web http://www.tesol.org

------
You are currently subscribed to affiliate-leaders as: holzms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Contact your staff coordinator to request changes to your e-mail address.
Read messages, change mail modes, or search list archives online at:
http://lists.tesol.org/read/?forum=affiliate-leaders