[etni] splitting hairs??

  • From: "remanuel" <remanuel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ETNI" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 11:31:32 +0200

In the composition topic of this summer's moed bet's G they were asked to write
about a suggestion made  "in order to increase road safety...".
My question is: can you "increase" road safety??? Surely you can only increase
numbers! You can improve road safety. Am I splitting hairs or should the
composers of our Bagrut exams know better?? And that takes us to the old
question: why do we split hairs when it comes to our students' writing when our
own "experts" are lacking in terms of accuracy??!!
By the way, when are the official answer keys to the summer exams going up on
the net?
Have a great year, everybody!
Rachelle