[etni] irgun, strike, etc. Re: etni Digest V3 #42

  • From: Batya <shilohmuse@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 02:53:42 -0800 (PST)

I was at the Jerusalem rally against Dovrat on Tuesday.  I left early with a
handful of the youngest teachers attending.  They were rushing home to babies,
and from that and talking to others, I must say that one of the reasons for the
"elderly" turn out was child care.  I teach in a yeshiva high school, and I
think that a good percentage of our staff of "limudei chol teachers" attended.

I heard very little of the speeches, but if I heard right, the theme from the
irgun was "we'll negotiate."  So if that's the case, don't expect a strike.  If
they were planning one, I would have noticed.

Who else attended?  Maybe you can report...

Shabbat Shalom,

Batya

 http://shilohmusings.blogspot.com/

http://me-ander.blogspot.com/