[etni] idea requiring feedback

  • From: Adi Orian <austenorian@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ETNI list <etni.list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 21:18:56 +0200

Hi all,
Just saw a segment about the new "Irgun Ha'itona'im" (A new organization
for journalists)
They just established it, with the help of the Histadrut but with the
condition of having a separate and autonomic system.
They did it because they felt that the "Igud" that has been representing
them for... well, ever, is doing nothing for them but taking fees.
Sounds familiar? My idea - why don't we get organized and establish an
"Irgun" for English teachers in Israel?
We always complain, we always have problems, more than other teachers by
far, and according to my unscientific survey it is only getting worse (see
recent e-mails on etni re projects, log, hots, formology, oz, ofek) we
always say no one is listening or helping. So, why don't we do something
about it?
I'm just throwing it out there and if I get some serious feedback (not -
"way to go" but "great idea, willing to participate and help!") I will
start looking into things and will try and get the ball rolling.
Up to you...
Layla tov, Adi