[etni] helping student finding sources

  • From: "Avraham J. Roos" <avrahamroos@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 21:03:34 +0200

Hi
Believe it or now, one of my students is doing a project on salmon fish. He
asked me for help on the etymology of salmon. I found a source stating that it
is connected to the jumping the fish does but cannot remember where I read
that. Can any of you help me?

Avraham Roos

PS Yeah, I know, I should not do the project, the students should. But in this
case, the student already did a very substantial part of the work and has
already searched high and low for the information.
You can contact me on ICQ #22351330
or MSN avaway@xxxxxxxxxxx
or Skype: avrahamroos