[etni] Laura Schoffman

  • From: "Adele Raemer and Laurie Levy" <raemer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 11:06:59 +0200

Laura Schoffman taught at Ma'ale Habsor Regional school from the very
beginning.  She was one of those old-style teachers who threw her all into her
classes and her work; without ever being old-fashioned.  She was a brilliant,
intelligent woman who always kept herself informed, up to date, and incorporate
the state-or -the -art in teaching, whatever that happened to be at the time.
Unfortunately, she retired before this list became such an important implement
in the English teachers' repertoire, otherwise, you would have seen her here a
lot, I am sure. She never rested on her laurels.  She educated generations of
learners as well as teachers (including yours truly).
Laura passed away this morning. I am sure that many of you knew her.  May she
rest in peace.

Adele