[etni] extensive reading

  • From: "david burrell" <bareldj@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "etni" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 10:46:21 +0200

Back in the 70s and the80s, when I was a vice principal and worked admin.
hours, I ran a very extensive, extensive reading programme in school which
required all students to be tested orally on the books they had read. The
results were very positive and there was an atmosphere of reading fever in
my English classes.For teachers who teach 4 or 5 classes without the luxury
of an office and admin. hours, such a programme would be a physical
impossibility, so I was interested to read Hedy's group discussion idea. The
question that immediately comes to mind is:What does she do with shy or weak
students who can't hold their own in a group situation? David Bar El.