[etni] dispensations question

  • From: "Shoshana Silver" <shosilver@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 17:39:07 +0000

I would appreciate an official answer to this question.  The yoetzet at
school today told me that "hakraat shelon" and "having the text read in
English" appear as two distince dispensations on the new form (or printout
or whatever) she has.  She wanted to know what the difference was.  In other
words, some kids have the latter but not "hakraat shelon" -- that doesn't
make any sense to me.  It  implies that Agaf Habechinot will be sending out
two kinds of cassettes.  I'm not sure what the difference between them would
be - would one be only unseens and the other contain the entire test?
Please clarify.
Thank you.

Shoshana