[etni] discrepancies between school and exam grades

  • From: "laurie ornstein" <laurenmadeline@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ask Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 11:52:55 +0300

Hi All,

  The topic of discrepancies between the school grade and Bagrut exam grade
comes up time and time again. I find large discrepancies on a regular basis
due to the "formula" we use to calculate our grades , taking into account
book report files, literature and projects. (NBA Handbook) The grades for
these are often the reason for the large gaps between our grade and the exam
grade and they can go either way; if a pupil did a great project or literary
file, etc., that pupil's grade might be a lot higher than his actual exam
grade (internal or external) And the opposite is true, too.  We almost all
have pupils who don't hand in projects or book reports, etc. This is not
new. And so when I looked at the Bagrut results today  I found the gaps I'd
expected.

Laurie