[etni] clarification

  • From: Yisrael and Batya Medad <ybmedad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2003 07:29:39 +0200

I presume there will be those, rightfully, thinking that if I think that
all the basic skills should be taught pre-high school in the kids' Hebrew
studies, I should be doing something about it.  Well, I do suggest to
everyone I know in influential senior positions (not the English staff, the
jhs I'm associated with and the head of education of my region).  It's a
fine line between "nudge" and "suggest."
Again, it is not our responsibility to teach basic language and research
skills.  We barely have enough hours for English.  In all honesty, I resent
this extra burden, though I do my very best to fulfill my responsibilities.

Batya