[etni] Re: What format bagrut will be this summer?

  • From: "Adele Raemer" <raemer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <glickman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,"ETNI discussion list" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 21:35:07 +0200

Aliza wrote:
> I have a group of kids in yod class learning for one and three points.
Half
> the group is advanced enough to
> take the three point level. Can they take the three point bagrut (new
> format)this summer?

They can, but if they are advanced enough to take the 3 point test at the
end of the 10th grade, why aren't they aiming for the 4 point test?  Do you
just want them to take the 3 points to be sure?  Even so - I don't
understand why anyone would want their learners to take a test at the end of
the 10th grade when they have 2 more years of learning to do.  The only
reason I personally would have a kid test at the end of the 10th grade is if
the learner were a recent immigrant native English speaker, ready both
academically and emotionally to take the 5 point test and finish with
English studies in order to invest the extra time in Hebrew studies that
s/he may be behind in.

But that's only my opinion.

Adele