[etni] What Judy said

  • From: "Linda Dayan" <lindadayan7@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 00:25:55 +0300

I read an e-mail sent by Judy yesterday where she specifically wrote that
pupils must bring their portfolio with them into the oral test.
Unfortunately, I deleted the message.  This contradicts what a few people
have written about what Judy said, but her last word seems to have been
"bring the projects in".

    I agree that any responsible, self-respecting teacher won't fake a
pupil's project theme, if the pupil never handed in a project.  I also think
that there exists a real possibility that the written project might
influence a tester's grade, even a little.  Therefore, I agree with those
who feel kids shouldn't have to bring in their projects, despite the fact
that I feel empathy with teachers who feel there should be a correlation
between the effort a pupil put into the projects, and the oral grade he/she
will get for it.  However, as long as the Ministry has decided that there
will be no correlation, it should also ensure that the written work won't
affect the oral grade.  Nonetheless, Judy did write that the projects must
accompany the pupil to the oral test.

http://search.msn.com/