[etni] Re: The education threat

  • From: "Nehama Barbiru" <nehamab@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 15:43:45 +0200

Lev Wrote:
Of course you OWN the list which implies you can do whatever you please
- express your opinion or refrain from doing so. But the declared
objective of this list's existence is to serve the teaching community;
consequently, refraining from sharing your views with us would most
probably do a disservice to the noble cause.

I agree with two points Lev said:
1. YOU own = David and Gail (correct me if I read your meaning wrong, Lev)
own the list
2. The list is here to serve the English teaching community.

However, I don't agree with his conclusion.
As far as I can see, both David and Gail have been running the list for US -
the teachers.
Furthermore, I haven't felt them "taking sides" regarding any issue raised
in the past.
The only time their "voice" was heard was to stop US from forgetting who WE
were,
i.e. stopping over heated discussions before the whole list went up in
flames.
If either Gail or David feel the need to share their views, I hope they will
sign their name to it.
I saw their posting of the article as a service to us teachers who don't get
the opportunity to read articles published on issues that have to do with
all of us.
Nehama