[etni] Re: The education threat

  • From: Amanda <capco@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 15:13:41 +0200

Dear ETNI organizers.
I personally appreciate that articles relevant to teaching are posted on
ETNI. I don't always have time to read the papers, but I always seem to
find the time to read my ETNI mail.
By making these articles easily available, you are serving the teaching
community - please continue. It never occurred to me that the articles
on ETNI would reflect your personal views. In fact, I find your
neutrality a extremely positive attribute. You are, as I said, providing
a service, not a disservice.
One of the many, many things that I like about our list is the exchange
of opinions - we don't all have to think the same (in fact, as
educators, shouldn't we encourage individual thinking?). If people want
to respond to an article, that is their right. As long as the
discussions are relevant, civil and constructive - long may they continue!
Please keep up the invaluable work you are doing, some of us would be
far poorer without it!
Amanda Caplan
PS Yashar koach
 note: to all of you who are purists about mixing languages - I don't
agree - but I'm happy to read your opinions!

OK guys, I've read the article.

Now what?

What's the purpose of your posting the link to the article? If you
expected it to trigger a discussion, what is the ETNI Team's own
platform regarding the views and conclusions expressed inthe article?

Of course you OWN the list which implies you can do whatever you please
- express your opinion or refrain from doing so. But the declared
objective of this list's existence is to serve the teaching community;
consequently, refraining from sharing your views with us would most
probably do a disservice to the noble cause.

Not that I am afraid that the rank-and-file list subscribers have
nothing to say - but it would be very encouraging to know we are not
talking to list owners whose points of view are so different from ours
that it makes the dialogue impossible.

Please speak up.

Best -

Lev

Lev ABRAMOV lev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:lev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Weblog:
http://endangeredspecies.schiffman.biz
<http://endangeredspecies.schiffman.biz/>

"It is the difference of opinion that makes horse races." (Mark Twain)