[etni] Story writing project - Elementary and Jr High

  • From: michele ben <benfam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ETNI Discussion List <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 18:47:04 +0200

Hi list!
I am participating in a wonderful project in which 6 classes
from all over the world work together to write a story.
Each class writes one paragraph in turn and the result is
great.  The kids have a fantastic time writing their
paragraph and they wait expectantly for the arrival of each
paragraph in turn.   The current story project can be
accessed at this URL.

http://home.merlin.mb.ca/~dfalk/STORYHOME10.html

You can sign up for September's project there.  You should
also check out the previous projects which can be accessed
from  the Duck Bay School's main page at:
http://www.home.merlin.mb.ca/~dfalk

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this project to everyone.  It is
FANTASTIC!  You get to use authentic English, do a group
project, use the internet without having to actually take
your class there, expose the kids to other English speaking
kids, get them interested in reading a story, put up a
bulliten board in the school and it is not difficult or time
consuming.
Michele Ben