[etni] Southern Fried Jam

  • From: "laurie ornstein" <laurenmadeline@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Ask Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>, etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, carlanochomovitz@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 08:08:54 +0300

Hi All,

  Do mark your calendars and hope to see you at the next Southern Fried
Jam....next Friday morning!
Fri., Oct. 3, 11 AM, Joe Alon Forest
Southern Fried Jam

"Beginnings, Ends and all that's In-Between"

That should keep us singing till the sun goes down. Bring songs to share,
instruments and of course, polished vocal chords. For newcomers to the
scene,
this is a FREE, informal musical gathering, not a performance-based event.

We'll be in the picnic grounds across from the Joe Alon Bedouin Museum, a
few
steps down from the parking lot. As always, I'll try and get to the
horse-shoe
picnic table before "others" and if not, we'll settle comfortably under the
trees nearby.

I'll be on call for "nomadic" folkies.
Laurie
052-4464377
laurenmadeline@xxxxxxxxx

directions:

From the north, take route 40 s. to the left hand turning to Kibbutz Lahav ;
the museum is also sign posted. This intersection is not traffic lighted! It
comes shortly after Bet Kama Intersection, with traffic lights. Follow the
access road to the entrance to the park. See a wooden sign at the fork and
take
the right-hand road to the parking lot. You're there. Southerners...you know
the way! (Do NOT make the turning to Lahavim!!!)