[etni] Re: Re ETAI and other things

  • From: Avi Tsur <tsuravi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lev.abramov@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 07:26:00 +0300

Lev Shalom

I have known you for many years going back to the time that you were a teacher.
You most definately have a new approach and I am very open to new beginnings.
However, I have a very strong feeling that your fight is tainted with a lot of
bitterness which I am sure has its grounds for you. ETAI and ETNI over the
years have both served the teachers WELL and have been an uplifting source of
information, resources, contact, ... If teachers have had a grudge they always
had a place to vent their feelings and receive responses. I personally feel
that you have made your point and those who have agreed with you are much the
wiser as to what steps they can take.

We all have a right to be active in ETAI and on ETNI. If you do have so much to
say and do want to make a change, may  I suggest that you join the ranks of the
profession. I, Avi, on a personal level, feel that it is not fitting to have
someone from the outside preaching to me.

In your final paragraph - "I wonder why I keep bothering you if you are all so
happy and everything is so good and all. Maybe starting a mailing list of my
own is not such a bad idea. Those who feel like fighting will join it. The rest
will continue talking and whining on ETNI, attending ETAI conferences - being
professionals. To each their own."

I do not think that the participants on ETNI are whiners and your choice of
words here is offensive. They have an opportunity to be heard, for the MOE to
read/see and hear them, and believe it or not, we do follow and give much
thought to what is happening in the field, what the teachers are going through.
Pedagogical changes to the new program have been made all along in light with
feedback from the field. I doubt if there is any other Inspectorate in the
World that is so attentive taking into account the feedback that is submitted
by the field. You and others are blind to this and unaware. You expect the MOE
and Dr. Judy Steiner to tell you evrything that is being done. EVERYTHING.
There are many teachers who are approached and can vouch for what I say. After
all, these are my colleagues and I/we care for our brethren (even though you
and others think otherwise).

Take care and all the best,

Avi