[etni] LD modular for F & G and a question for Judy

  • From: "Shoshana Silver" <shosilver@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 14:26:38 +0000

Our Native Speakers sat for their F & G matkonet today (and thanks to
everyone who directed me to ECB F & G modules - I thought they had only come
out through E).  My question is:  if the oral exam for LD students is only
25 minutes (so told by my mefakachat - the logic being 1/3 of the time for a
much shorter exam just like the old bagrut format), how can the kids be
expected to do an unseen and a writing in that amount of time.  True, both
are shortened but still, even both native speakers whom I tested were
stressed at the thought of writing a composition in under 15 minutes (by the
time they finished the unseen).  Even if it's less words, they still have to
organize their thoughts, etc.  I'd be interested in hearing what others have
to say about this.

And a question for Judy:

Can a 12th grade student who takes a 4pt. bagrut in the summer (old format)
take a 5 pt. bagrut next winter (still old format)?

Thanks,
Shoshana