[etni] Jr. high Native Speaker

  • From: "sarag" <saragabai@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ETNI" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 21:37:29 +0200

1. Can anyone recomend a good workbook for a very bright 7th grade native speaker? (They just came back from 3 years in the USA). I am looking for something that combines literature and writing - that he will be able to work on during the regular English class, with some guidence from the teacher.

2. Has anyone ever heard of doing the bagrut in the 7th grade?
I told the mother that the earliest the bagrut can be taken is the end of
10th grade, and the recommendation of the MOE is for it
to be taken in the 11th grade, even for native
speakers. The children are usually not mature enough
before that to cope with the literature and the
writing. It is not only a question of technical
English.
But she said that she heard of a child who did finish the bagrut in the 7th grade.
?????

    thanks -
  sara g

sara g in israel
             sarag@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
and also saragabai@xxxxxxxxx
Visit us at The E Zone
     http://c3.ort.org.il/ganyavneenglish

Read "The Etni Rag" - http://www.etni.org/etnirag/

Add yourself / Update your entry to "Who's Who on Etni"
http://www.boker.org.il/etni/whoswho.htm