[etni] Jerusalem day and Shavuoth

  • From: "Beverly Stok (dvl)" <bev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 15:25:02 +0300

Next Sunday, May 20th is Jerusalem Day. Jerusalem Day, which falls on the
28th Iyar, celebrates the reunification of the two parts of Jerusalem,
Israel’s capital.

The following week is Shavuoth..

But this coming week is time to include Jerusalem Day in your teaching
plans.

 Need ideas, information, songs, word activities and classroom
 activities to do with jerusalem Day (or Shavuoth)? Have a look at my
materials in
 "Cycle of the Jewish Year."

  http://web.macam.ac.il/~bev

  Materials are suited to both elementary and junior high. High school
teachers take a look as well - the ideas can definitely be used - you may
want to upgrade the text material.

  The site can also be accessed through the ETNI site
  (More Etni - elementary school - holidays - The Cycle of the Jewish Year)

  Feedback appreciated. You can contact me at
   bev@xxxxxxxxxxx

   Bev

Bev Stock
EAP co-ordiator-