[etni] JANUARY'S FOLK MUSIC EVENING with Sandy Cash and James Block

  • From: "Phil Bacal" <pgbacal@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2012 18:10:06 +0200

MARK YOUR DIARIES FOR ANOTHER SUPER EVENING....

Our next Jerusalem Folk Music Evening will be on: Motzei Shabbat, January
14th, 8:15PM at Beit Yehudit (ICCY, Emek Refaim 12, 1st floor)

*Sandy Cash - Spellbinding story-songs from a gifted singer-comedienne

*James Block -  Classic Dylan - pop-rock with a dash of country - some of
your favorite covers

with Ro'i Zultan and friends; Amir&Toby and Rena Kalina

Still only 35 shekels, includes light refreshments.

If time permits we'll end with a jam session, so musicians in the audience
bring your instruments to jam.

For more information: Philippa 054-752-1239; Larry: 050-723-3914;

(www.facebook.com/pages/Jerusalem-Folk-Music-Evenings/140471272666878)

Sandy Cash - the power and broad interpretive style of a Bette Midler or
Barbra Streisand... Sandy Cash has a very special gift, that more than a
singer, she is an excellent storyteller.

Bob McKenzie, Soundbytes, Canada

American-born Sandy Cash is a gifted singer-comedienne who has been
delighting audiences in both Israel and abroad for over two decades. Raised
on a steady diet of Broadway soundtracks and folk music back in her native
Detroit, Sandy went on to develop a uniquely theatrical - and thoughtful -
performance style. Veteran of dozens of plays and musicals, Sandy has
performed professionally with the Israeli Opera and Tel Aviv's Kameri
Theater. An award-winning songwriter, Sandy has also released three solo
albums, featuring original songs that touch on everything from magic mirrors
to historical heroes, while laying out the challenges of childhood and
motherhood -- and the journey between them -- with warmth, humor and
intelligence.

Here are some Youtube links:

Save the Snails

 <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mkWyqZCPuc>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mkWyqZCPuc

Egyptian Revolution Blues

 <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqiGmodx33A>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqiGmodx33A

Banks of Freedom

 <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TwWiOd5ALQ>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TwWiOd5ALQ

James Block - James is new to the folk club scene in Israel.  We met him
playing at one of the restaurants/pubs in Jerusalem.  This is what James
wrote about himself:

Coming from the far away cold country of Canada and having travelled to 40
countries I've now settled down to live in the best one of them... Israel. I
got much of my experience performing while I was in Australia where there is
live music playing in every corner pub. It was an amazing way to make a
living while travelling and the best way to make friends in any country.
Music truly is the best and most universal language and the best way to
communicate the emotions of the heart to any culture. Much of my style and
even the songs I still play were developed, tested and tried over those
travelling years and I know everyone will enjoy the raw purity of the
guitar, harmonica and vocals and will just have to sing along.

James website which includes several songs:
http://sites.google.com/site/jamesblockrock/