[etni] I missing something

  • From: Daniel Ashkenazy <danielashkenazy@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 02:33:32 -0500 (EST)

Mr. Dovrat wants the Bagrut to be worth 20% of the grade. We spend most of our
time preparing our students in grades 9  - 12 for projects, bagrut modules.
English speakers clamour in grade 10 that they should be allowed to write the
bagrut in grade 11. The NBA is designed to raise the grades of English in this
country. We are being told to ignore the benchmarks in favour of bagrut
assessment.

Did Dovrat even speak to Judy Steiner about his ideas for English bagrut? Is
there any communication up there in the halls of the ministry?  Do those
lunatics realise that the Dovrat proposals will destroy the motivation of
students to learn English in this country?

I agree with Lev, it is time to launch a full scale protest to this nonesense.
We already know how to communicate in English. Our students will not be able to
at all if the Dovrat proposals pass.

Where is our union???????????

Daniel