[etni] Global Survey of Elementary school teachers

  • From: "Crowley , Nicola (Israel)" <Nicola.Crowley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 09:49:28 +0100

Dear all
Please put Israel on the map with this important research. See
information below.

All the best

Nicola

Nicola Crowley | ELT Project Manager | British Council
T: +972 (0)3 6113614 | F: +972 (0)3 6113640 | M: +972 (0)544 308170
nicola.crowley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx | www.britishcouncil.org/israel
Creating Opportunity for People Worldwide

Primary school teachers of English: please help us with our research
project:

Investigating Global Practices in Teaching English to Young Learners

If you teach young learners - primary school children aged 7-11, we
would like you to contribute a few minutes of your time to this project.

Please complete an on-line questionnaire about your work at:

www.surveymonkey.com/s/TEYL

The questionnaire should only take about 20 minutes to complete. Your
answers are completely confidential and will be used only as summaries
in which no individual's answer can be identified.

Please pass on this information to all your colleagues who teach English
to 7-11 year olds.

"Investigating Global Practices in Teaching English to Young Learners"
is a research project supported by the British Council ELT Research
Award Scheme. We are interested in finding out about primary school
teachers' experiences of teaching English, the activities they use and
the challenges they face. The project is being run by Dr Sue Garton and
Dr Fiona Copland from the School of Languages and Social Sciences, Aston
University and Professor Anne Burns from the Department of Linguistics,
Macquarie University, Sydney. Results from the project will be used to
help us to better understand primary school teaching around the world.
We will publish our findings with The British Council so that primary
school teachers can learn about each other and to discover how solutions
to teaching problems developed in one context may be effective in
another.

You can find more information about the project at
http://www1.aston.ac.uk/lss/news-events/news/news-2010/march/young-learn
ers/

If you would prefer to receive the questionnaire as an e-mail attachment
or in the post, or if you have any questions about the project, please
contact one of the researchers below.

Thank you very much for your help.

Sue Garton, Aston University (s.garton@xxxxxxxxxxx)
Fiona Copland, Aston University (f.m.copland@xxxxxxxxxxx)
Anne Burns, Macquarie University (Anne.Burns@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

Thank you very much for your help.

The British Council is the United Kingdom's international organisation for
educational opportunities and cultural relations. We are a registered charity;
209131 (England and Wales) SC037733 (Scotland). We build engagement and trust
for the UK through the exchange of knowledge and ideas between people worldwide.

This message is for the use of the intended recipient(s) only. If you have
received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete it. The
British Council accepts no liability for loss or damage caused by software
viruses and you are advised to carry out a virus check on any attachments
contained in this message.
** The ETNI Rag **
http://www.etni.org/etnirag/
Much more than just a journal